Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Week in Review

The last 10 days were crazy busy and I was feeling down on myself about not blogging. I had a moment when I thought, "Well I guess I haven't done many creative things recently," but when I sat down and thought about it, I realized I was totally wrong! First off, last week on my days off from my regular job, I had the opportunity to help out a new friend of mine Kelsey, who owns a cake design company called "The Whole Cake." http://www.thewholecake.com/ She needed help on a big commissioned cake for Dreamworks (!!!). The project we worked on was a replica of a cake from the Dreamworks movie, "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" for the movie release party. Because I had never done any professional cake decorating and I had seen and tasted her amazing cakes, I was a little nervous about really being able to help.We had a great time, I learned a ton, and her final product was a huge success! But don't be fooled, cake design and assembly is no easy work. It is a true art, and takes great concentration and attention to detail. I'm so glad I got to be a part of the project and am looking forward to learning and helping her more. And what is even more exciting is that Kelsey is opening a cake shop just a few blocks away from my apartment. Look out for The Whole Cake storefront on San Pablo near Cedar (next to my favorite Cafe, Bartavelle) this Spring!!





So on-top of working a 7 day week I decided I needed to cook a delicious home-cooked meal for my good friend Mitra who was visiting from San Diego, and my Aquarian parents to celebrate their birthdays (Mom February 2nd, Dad February 4th). I had been drooling over a Jamie Oliver recipe that I saw on my favorite food blog, The Kitchn, and I knew I had to try it. It was super easy and very delicious. I now present to you, "Chicken in Milk." http://www.thekitchn.com/jamie-oliver-chicken-in-milk-best-chicken-recipe-all-time-80388
And lastly, I finally jumped on the Pinterest band-wagon. It's fun and totally addicting.
I have the next two days off and I'm really going to take a break.Do you have any new fun projects, recipes, or Pinterest addictions to share?
xxoo, Hadley

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for how delicious that chicken was!!! Thanks for cooking for me Hadders! xoxo - M

    ReplyDelete